Sunday, September 16, 2012

Romney and Same-sex Marriage

The article I found on the Huffington Post refers to Romney's stance on gay marriage. As the title of the article states, after having openly showed his negative opinion on the issue, he reiterated his position on it immediately after President Barack Obama became the first president to support same-sex marriage. Romney went on to say he doesn't consider the union of two people of the same gender a marriage -- this wasn't something he deemed appropriate for the country. Mitt Romney has commented to the issue with lukewarm words by saying that unlike Obama, he would be an efficient leader and that he is aware about the inequlity the queer community is facing; he never promised to do anything about it.

Although this wasn't mentioned in the article, I thought it was a good connection to make since I ran into it while searching for what article to use for the assignment. I don't consider myself a Republican, and neither do I consider myself a Democrat, but I thought it was interesting to see a Republican, albeit a young one stating an issue that so many people claim Republicans are against.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. I am so excited to see younger republicans voting for gay rights.

    ReplyDelete